Friday, October 17, 2014

Yo Mom! Where's My Boom Box? Part 2


In Part 1 Skip realized that his boom box was missing, he then questioned his younger cousin Brice about it, but Brice denied having any knowledge of the missing boom box, and to a certain extent Skip believed him. Now Skip, and Brice are headed to school, and Skip still has no clue of where his boom box could possibly be. If you thought Skip's day started badly, wait until you see how it goes down at school. Yo Mom! Where's my boom box?




Skip and Brice arrive at school, Brice is only in the 7th Grade, and that's still considered Middle School at Booker T. Washington, so the one person Skip does know will be on a completely different side of the school. Homeroom approaches, and the teacher Mrs. Baldwell begins to call the class roster. "......Mariah Livingston, Chelsea Marks, Markevious Mitchell.." (snickers, and chuckles fill the room.." One student even yells out "that fool's name is mischievous..". Skip doesn't respond to his name being called initially, so the teacher repeats again "Markevious Mitchell", then Skip reluctantly says, "present". To Skip it felt like all eyes were on him, because he openly hates his government name, and he figures it sounds weird, but the teacher continues on with the roster. After home room, a slue of students approach Skip or Markevious in the hallway, some welcoming him to the school, but the majority poking fun at his name. Already upset about his missing boom box, Skip ignores both the welcoming students, and the hecklers, and proceeds to his next class. His very first class of the day was Art, a subject Skip flourished at, and thoroughly enjoyed. The class's first assignment was to write a poem, and the teacher would call on a few students to recite their poems once everyone was finished. I'm sure you guys know where this is headed. Upon finishing his poem, Skip's art teacher Mr. James scrolls the class roster and says, "Mark, Mar, Markevious....would you like to recite your poem?" After the class's laughter settles down because of Mr.James' mispronouncing of his name, Skip stands up and says, "sure, why not..".

"I wish I wasn't here, wasn't at this school, on this Earth where people ridicule, niggas laugh cause I wear different shoes, I'm a rebel, My Mom's ain't got shit cuz she the queen of settle, but just because I said that don't mean I want you to meddle, I don't need help, I got myself, I want my boom box back, man Moms where the FUCK my boom box at?"

The classroom goes silent.

Skip storms out of the classroom, only to be stopped by the principal, Mr. Tabley in the hallway.

Mr. Tabley says, "where are you headed Markevious?"

Skip stops for a second then proceeds to storm down the hallway.

When Skip returned home, he was in for a shock, Granny wasn't watching The Price Is Right, and she had some Old Southern, Gospel Music blasting throughout the house. Something Skip came to learn was that when his Granny blasted Gospel Music, and skipped her daily shows, she was trying to calm herself down from something, and that something in this instance was the call she received from Mr. Tabley stating that Skip, or Markevious had recited a rather interesting poem in class earlier that day, with some choice words that were certainly not accepted by Granny.

Skip: Goodafternoon Granny...

Granny: mhm...it's gon be even better when I get thru whipping yo ass..

Skip: wait whoa whoa why?

Granny: you wanna know where the F your boom box at huh?

WHAM!!!

Skip: whoa whoa Granny, I'm too old for whippings!

WHAM!!! WHAM!!!

Skip: man forget this, I'm out of here!!

Granny: well leave, don't take nothing that belongs to me, or that I bought.

Skip leaves his Granny's house, without speaking to his mother, and still with no idea where his boom box could possibly be....

Part 3 Next Week

No comments:

Post a Comment